While travelling I found that lots of countries have their own version of Hibiscus Flower tea, which for me confirmed that it just has to be good for you!
In Mexico it’s called Agua de Jamaica, Bissap in Senegal, Gudhal in India and Gongura in Brazil.
The tea is popular as a natural diuretic; it contains Vitamin C and Minerals, and also is used as a natural remedy for a range of ailments including high blood pressure.
Besides that it actually has a lovely fresh, fruity flavour whether served hot or iced.
I decided to create my own blend adding Ginger for some warmth, Mint for freshness, and Vanilla Beans which smoothes the tartness of the Hibiscus, plus each ingredient has their own health benefits.
A little pick-me-up... One teaspoon is all you need to make 2 - 3 cups. Brew in a teapot or plunger and strain. Drink hot as a soothing tea or serve cold with ice and fresh mint leaves to garnish. Sweeten to your own taste and enjoy.
Hibiscus Flowers, Mint, Ginger, Vanilla Bean
* Please note Regional Food Network is not responsible for any product descriptions, nutrition information or claims, this is the responsibility of the maker. RFN is not the source of product or nutritional information. RFN cannot always ensure the accuracy of product information. If you require specific information to assist in your purchasing decision it is recommended you make further enquiries of the maker or contact us on 1300 065 004.
Servings per pack: Select size
Serving Size: 5g
|Per Serving||Per 100g|
|Energy||17 kJ||348 kJ|
|Protein||0.1 g||2.7 g|
|Fat Total||0.1 g||1.6 g|
|- Saturated||0.0 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||0.9 g||17.5 g|
|- Sugar||0.2 g||4.9 g|
|Sodium||1 mg||17 mg|
* Percentage Daily intakes are based on an average adult diet of 8700kJ. Your daily intakes may be higher or lower depending on your energy needs.
Our packages are delivered by Australia Post, Australia Wide (excluding Ashmore and Cartier Islands, Australian Antarctic Territory, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Coral Sea Islands, Heard and McDonald Islands and Norfolk Island).
You have the option of allowing your package to be left in a safe place if nobody is home to sign for it, or to have your package taken to your local post office for collection.
Due to COVID19 ALL parcels are left without signature.
Once we have received your order we aim to have it sent out to you within 1 – 2 days.
We take the upmost care when packaging your products to ensure that your package arrives fully intact. If an item you have ordered is missing or damaged, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your invoice number and a picture of the damaged item(s) and we will replace it free of charge.
There are delivery delays in our network due to:
- reduction in air freight capacity and passenger flights
- a significant increase in parcels volumes
- hygiene and social distancing requirements in our network
We want to thank you for your patience during this time, we are doing out best to ensure your parcels are being delivered as soon as we can.